Belmont Light Offers New Solar Rebates to Customers
Category: Uncategorized | Posted On: May 17, 2019
Starting May 20th, Belmont Lightwill begin accepting applications for a new rebate program for customers who want to install solar panels for their homes or businesses. As part of the Municipal Light Solar Rebate Program (MLP Solar Rebate Program), Belmont Light has pledged $100,000, which the Department of Energy Resources (DOER) will match, for a potential total of $200,000 in program funds. Approved projects will receive one-time rebates of up to $1.20 per watt off the cost of the installed system and awards will be dispensed on a first-come, first-serve basis while program funds last.
Belmont Light, along with other municipal light plants across the state, worked with the DOER and Belmont Light’s energy services agency, Energy New England (ENE), to develop the new program over the past several months. A key intent of the program is to provide a program option to municipal light customers in the wake of SREC, the State’s previous solar incentive program, which expired in 2018.
For complete program details and application instructions, visit https://www.belmontlight.com/energy-solutions/solar-options/solar-rebate-program.
- Funds will be available until they are reserved or until June 2020, whichever comes first
- Projects must be sized at 25 kW (25,000 watts DC @ STC) or less and have a commercial operation date of November 27, 2018 or after to qualify
- Awards will be allocated as a rebate of $1.20 per watt of installed solar production
- Rebates will equal no more than half the installed cost of any system and are capped at $30,000 per system
- Participating customers will also have financing options available through the Mass Solar Loan program, with low-interest, fixed rate options and support for income qualified residents
To learn more about the program, call Belmont Light at (617) 993-2837.