ENERGY EFFICIENT APPLIANCE REBATE PROGRAM
Purchasing a new appliance this year? Choose an ENERGY STAR qualified appliance and receive a rebate on your electric bill!
APPLIANCE REBATE PROGRAM OVERVIEW
The Energy Efficient Appliance and Smart Device Rebate Program features rebates for ENERGY STAR qualified dehumidifiers and room air conditioner replacements, as well as rebates for central air conditioners, refrigerators, and room air conditioner additions. The Appliance Rebate Program is designed to help you save even more energy and money.
Apply online through the Online Rebate Portal with your sales receipt, proof of the ENERGY STAR qualification and proof of removal*. Please allow 6-8 weeks for review and processing for the rebate to appear on your electric bill.
If you require assistance with the online application or would like a paper application, please contact us at EnergyResources@BelmontLight.com or 617-993-2837.
To view all guidelines for this program, click here.
Please do not include your applications with your electric bill payments.
- Accounts should be in good standing (no overdue balance) and be active for at least three (3) months
- Applications must be submitted within six (6) months of purchase/installation date
- Maximum incentive is limited to 50% of the cost of the individual product
- Customers are limited to one (1) rebate per measure lifetime, except:
- Dehumidifier – Limit two (2) per measure lifetime
- Air Purifier – Limit two (2) per measure lifetime
- Room AC – Limit three (3) per measure lifetime
- Sensibo – Limit five (5) per measure lifetime
- Wi-Fi Thermostat – Limit three (3) per measure lifetime
|Refrigerator||$100||15.0 cubic feet or larger, w/ DPW or vendor disposal*|
|Heat Pump Dryer**||$300|
|Dehumidifier||$75||Limit 2 per measure lifetime per account|
|Air Purifier||$50||Limit 2 per measure lifetime per account|
|Room AC||$100||With DPW or vendor disposal*|
|Room AC||$25||No proof of disposal|
|Induction Stove||$100||Electric to Electric Cooktop ≥ 24″|
|Induction Stove||$500||Gas to Electric Cooktop ≥ 24″|
|Induction Stove||$500||New Construction Cooktop ≥ 24″|
|Portable Induction Cooktop||Up to $75|
|Sensibo Smart HVAC Controller||$75|
|Aquanta Water Heater Controller||$100|
|Flair Puck Smart Controller||$100|
|Wi-Fi Enabled Smart Thermostat||$100|
|Hybrid Heat Pump Water Heater||$250||Tier 1 or Tier 2 per NEEA guidelines #|
|Hybrid Heat Pump Water Heater||$500||Tier 3 or Tier 4 per NEEA guidelines #|
* Proof of proper removal by DPW or vendor of your old appliance is required for all refrigerator rebates and for the full-room air conditioner rebate.
** Standard dryers, even those with ENERGY STAR labels, do not qualify for rebate
*** Heat pump system does not qualify as an AC for purposes of the Appliance Rebate Program. Please see our Heat Pump Rebate above.
# Water heater must be on the NEEA’s Qualified Product List (QPL)
For information on ENERGY STAR qualified products, vendors, and potential savings, visit www.energystar.gov.
Page Updated: 9 January 2023