Highly efficient electric heat pump systems can help residents reduce energy bills and carbon footprints by up to 50%. For this reason, Belmont Light offers discounts between $650 and $3,500 for air-sourced heat pumps, depending on the size of the system. These discounts are available to homes currently heated with any fuel type. To learn more call us at 617-993-2837.
Applications are now being accepted online through the Online Rebate Portal, administered by Energy New England. If you require a paper application or need any assistance, please contact Belmont Light at 617-993-2837 or EnergyResources@BelmontLight.com
Heat Pump 101 Webinar
Click here for the Heat Pump 101 webinar to learn all about heat pumps and how you can save money with Belmont Light.
Belmont Light has partnered with Abode Energy Management on the CleanComfort program to educate you about heat pumps and guide you through the process of installing them at your home. If you are starting from square one and want to learn more, we highly recommend talking with our Heat Pump Specialist about your home heating and cooling goals.
- Set up appointment with Heat Pump Specialist with Abode for discussion about heat pumps and installation process
- Select contractor(s) for contact and proposal
- You may use the Contractor List as a starting point in your search
- Upon a signed contract with contractor:
- Contractor submits preapproval form to Abode for review Submit proposal(s) to Heat Pump Specialist for discussion and review
- If no issues, Abode issues preapproval letter for installation
- If there are questions or feedback on system sizing and design, Abode contacts the contractor directly to discuss
- Contractor installs ASHP system
- During installation, contractor completes On-Site Install QA Form
- Abode and/or contractor helps customer file rebate paperwork
- Customer applies for ASHP rebate via our Online Rebate Portal
- Abode provides assistance
- Applications must be reviewed through the Clean Comfort program prior to submission for rebate.
- If your installation occurred prior to March 1, 2020, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-993-2837 to discuss your rebate application.
- Minimum energy efficiency requirements: NEEP Cold Climate Air Source Heat Pump Specifications
|Rating||Non-Ducted Systems||Ducted Systems|
|SEER||≥ 15||≥ 15|
|COP @5°F||≥ 1.75||≥ 1.75|
|HSPF||≥ 10||≥ 9|
Rebate Incentive Amounts
|System Cooling Capacity (BTU/h)||Base Rebate||Fossil Fuel Displacement Adder||Total (if removing fossil fuel system)|
|Up to 11,999||$650||$500||$1,150|
|12,000 – 23,999||$1,000||$750||$1,750|
|24,000 – 35,999||$1,500||$1,000||$2,500|
Incentive Adders: $500 Residential Rate A Low-Income and Small Municipal Rate MB customers
- Please provide a copy of your most recent Belmont Light bill with rebate application
Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnerships (NEEP) Air Source Heat Pump page: Basics about the organization’s efforts in providing the best available resources for consumers to review material about heat pumps, make the best choices in purchasing heat pumps and how to care and maintain them after purchase.
NEEP Heat Pump Buying Guide: Produced by NEEP to help consumers understand heat pump technology and how to purchase a heat pump system for their home.
How to Use your Ductless Heat Pump: Blog post from Efficiency Maine about the best practices for maintenance and upkeep of a heat pump
Who knew? 8 ways NOT to use a heat pump: Guide from Efficiency Vermont about what NOT to do with your heat pump for maximum efficiency