HEAT PUMP REBATES
Highly efficient electric heat pump systems can help residents reduce energy bills and carbon footprints by up to 50%. For this reason, Belmont Light offers discounts between $650 and $3,500 for air-sourced heat pumps, depending on the size of the system. These discounts are available to homes currently heated with any fuel type. To learn more call us at 617-993-2837.
2020 Rebate Incentive Amounts
- 2020 ASHP Rebate amounts apply to systems installed after January 1, 2020
- Minimum energy efficiency requirements: NEEP Cold Climate Air Source Heat Pump Specifications
- Incentive Adders: $500 Residential Rate A Low-Income and Small Municipal Rate MB customers
- Please provide a copy of your most recent Belmont Light bill with rebate application
|System Cooling Capacity (BTU/h)||Base Rebate||Full Fossil Fuel Displacement Adder||Total (If removing fossil fuel system)|
|Up to 11,999||$650||$500||$1,150|
Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnerships (NEEP) Air Source Heat Pump page: Basics about the organization’s efforts in providing the best available resources for consumers to review material about heat pumps, make the best choices in purchasing heat pumps and how to care and maintain them after purchase.
NEEP Heat Pump Buying Guide: Produced by NEEP to help consumers understand heat pump technology and how to purchase a heat pump system for their home.
How to Use your Ductless Heat Pump: Blog post from Efficiency Maine about the best practices for maintenance and upkeep of a heat pump
Who knew? 8 ways NOT to use a heat pump: Guide from Efficiency Vermont about what NOT to do with your heat pump for maximum efficiency
2019 Rebate Program Incentives
- 2019 ASHP Rebate amounts apply to systems installed after January 1, 2019 and before December 31, 2019
|Rated cooling capacity (BTU/h)||Incentives|
|Up to 11,999||$650|
|12,000 – 23,999||$1,000|
|24,000 – 35,999||$1,250|
|36,000 or more||$1,500|
|Incentive Adders||$500 Residential Rate A Low-Income and Small Municipal Rate MB customers; $500-$1,500 for full fossil-fuel displacement|
|Minimum energy efficiency requirements||NEEP Cold Climate Air Source Heat Pump Specifications|