DEDICATED TO SERVING OUR COMMUNITY
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, Belmont Light has kept its commitment to providing customers with reliable electric service, while helping ease the financial burden on those who need help now more than ever.
Continuing COVID-19 Assistance
You may also be eligible for energy assistance through the Good Neighbor Energy Fund. Click here to learn more and see if you qualify. If you would like to make a donation to the Good Neighbor Energy Fun, click here.
What We Have Been Doing for Our Customers:
- Suspended all shutoffs for nonpayment from March 2020 through June 2021
- Eliminated fees for late payments
- Removed interest in penalties for the duration of this crisis
What We Continue to Do for Our Customers:
- Working with our customers on payment plans
- Providing energy-saving tips to help prevent any potential increases in customer bills due to more at-home time
What You Should Know
- If the COVID-19 pandemic meant more time at home than usual for you, you may have seen an increase in usage leading to a higher electric bill. We recommend that you track your usage via our online portal, SmartHub, which is also available on the App Store and Google Play Store.
- Belmont Light offers a video chat version of our Home Energy Assessments, where you can speak with a home energy expert about specific ways to save energy and money. We also offer a self-guided home energy assessment through the MyEnergyX platform.
- As always, protect yourself from scams. Belmont Light will never call a customer and threaten electricity shutoff for nonpayment. This means that if you receive a call from someone posing as us and threatening to shut off your power if you don’t pay immediately, you should HANG UP right away. We will never call you to demand payment and we do not accept payment via gift cards, as scammers often attempt to get their victims to do.