Belmont Light recognizes that the decision to host an emission-free renewable distributed generation facility requires careful consideration of many economic and physical factors. Our distributed generation policy is designed to provide customers with flexibility of contract and fuel options while maintaining low rates for all customers and the reliability and safety of our system. If you have questions regarding our policy or rate, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Before beginning installation, distributed generation host customers are required to submit an Interconnection and Service Agreement Application together with the application processing fee and a copy of the signed electrical permit. Qualifying systems include, but are not limited to:
- Solar PV Systems
- Battery Storage Systems or
- Wind Turbines
Please email us at email@example.com with any questions regarding the interconnection process.
- Interconnection Customer Application Checklist
- Interconnection and Service Agreement Application
- Interconnection Certificate of Completion
- 2015 Policy on Emission-Free Renewable Energy Facilities
- Rate EFR Effective December 1, 2015
MUNICIPAL LIGHT PLANT (MLP) SOLAR REBATE PROGRAM
UPDATE: Belmont Light is no longer accepting applications for the rebate program.
For more information or to apply, please visit our Solar Rebate Program page.
Current average contract pricing for Belmont is $3.77 per watt*
*Based on applications received in 2019-2021.
EMISSION-FREE RENEWABLE DISTRIBUTED GENERATION
Belmont Light shares its customers’ commitment to emission-free renewable energy. If you are considering installing solar panels or a wind turbine to supply energy to your home or business, please review our Policy on Emission-Free Renewable Energy Facilities effective December 1, 2015.
**The current policy replaces Belmont Light’s 2011 Net Metering and Buyback Tariff. Under the 2015 Policy, the buyback price for excess solar PV generated by new solar PV customers will change from Belmont Light’s full retail rate to 11 cents per kilowatt hour.**
|Current Buyback Credit for Credit for excess Solar Electricity||11 cents/kWh|
CUSTOMER INTERCONNECTION APPLICATION CHECKLIST
- Submit Application Part 1 (Pages 1-3 of Interconnection and Service Agreement Application for Behind-the-Meter Installations) to Interconnections@belmontlight.com or to Belmont Light’s office, along with:
- Inverter datasheet showing UL listing
- Panel and/or other applicable equipment (e.g. battery storage) datasheet showing UL listing
- One-line diagram showing facility interconnection, main utility metering and any premises sub-metering
- Accurate customer account and meter number information
- Customer signature
- $100 application fee mailed or hand-delivered to Belmont Light
- Application Part 1 approved and signed by Belmont Light (typically within 10 business days of when application fee and all required documents are received by Belmont Light)
- Determine whether permits are required by other Town of Belmont offices/departments
- Upon completion of facility construction, conduct wire inspection. Appointments can be scheduled by calling Belmont’s Office of Community Development – Electrical Division at 617-993-2661
- Upon completion of the wire inspection, submit a copy of Application Part 2. Certificate of Completion- Belmont Light Copy signed and dated by the local wire inspector to Belmont Light via email or hard copy. The Customer should retain a copy of the Certificate of Completion
- Receive acknowledgement from Belmont Light of Certificate of Completion receipt and, if applicable, a letter from Belmont Light documenting permission to operate.
Page updated 03/30/2021